- All classroom teachers must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and have official transcripts on file.
- Classroom teachers must have Florida Certification, or be eligible for certification, in their respective field. The re-certification process is required every 5 years.
- Classroom teachers who have been granted a Temporary Certificate must meet all State requirements, including completing a Professional Mentoring Program.
- Classroom teachers must complete the Diocesan Echoes of Faith training within their first year.
- Classroom teachers must stay current with all Diocesan requirements for Virtus Training and fingerprinting, including Live Scan fingerprints when necessary.
A private school, or any of its employees, may not enter into a confidentiality agreement regarding terminated or dismissed instructional personnel or school administrators, or personnel or administrators who resign in lieu of termination, based in whole or in part on misconduct that affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student, and may not provide the instructional personnel or school administrators with employment references or discuss the personnel’s or administrators’ performance with prospective employers in another educational setting, without disclosing the personnel’s or administrators’ misconduct. Any part of an agreement or contract that has the purpose or effect of concealing misconduct by instructional personnel or school administrators which affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student is void, is contrary to public policy, and may not be enforced